FAN FILM RULES:
1) Film and Script must be a Fan Film, in reference to an original piece of creative media (such as, books, games, shows, and music). Adaptations and Period Dramas are encouraged.
2) Films must be submitted digitally, dubbed, or subtitled in English. Online streaming will be showcased during the festival.
3) Scripts must be submitted digitally, in PDF format.
4) Fan Films already published online are acceptable for submission.
5) Fan Films shown must not contain any nudity or sexual content.
6) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted Project.
7) In the event that any claim, dispute, action or proceeding shall be brought or asserted by any person or entity that alleges that the Project makes unauthorized or unlawful use of any trademarked content or material, Applicant shall fully indemnify and defend Power Morphicon, and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection therewith and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, that any of them may incur in connection therewith.
8) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to clear all content of the Project from any and all actual or potential legal claims and issues, including, without limitation, claims based upon theories of libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft of trade secrets, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract (“Third Party Claim(s)”).
10) Power Morphicon expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any content or materials within or relating to the submitted Project that are or may be the basis for any Third-Party Claims based upon any of the foregoing legal theories or others.
11) It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that any Project submitted to Power Morphicon for consideration is viewable in its entirety. Power Morphicon reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the Applicant, any Project that is not viewable due to any technical issue, whether the fault of the Applicant or any third-party system.
12) Power Morphicon itself is a family convention. You can submit any film you want, but the content and quality and how it is perceived within the structure of the festival will be a factor in its judging. But please submit anything you feel strongly about, we do want to see it.
Sign up at email@example.com