Power Morphicon Convention Policies and Regulations
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and regulations at all times.
Power Morphicon Convention expects respectful and courteous behavior from all attendees. Please be considerate of the Guests of Honor, Staff, Convention Grounds, Hotels, and your fellow attendees.
Power Morphicon Convention is a family friendly, PG-13 and under event. Please keep this in mind and behave appropriately. Following this simple Code of Conduct helps ensure a safe convention and that everyone will have fun. Your own good judgment and courtesy towards others are key.
Please watch out for each other, take care of one another, help those who need help, and be careful. Play it clean, sober, and safe! Please don’t leave the Event with strangers, and make sure that your friends know when you leave or if you are going home early.
- Please don’t hesitate to call security if you see anything suspicious.
- Minors should not go to hotel rooms with unknown adults.
To participate in and/or attend Power Morphicon Convention you must comply with this Code of Conduct in order to attend and/or participate in these Events. Power Morphicon Convention reserves the right to modify and/or update the policy at any time without prior notice. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in forfeiture of your Event badge, your expulsion from the Event and/or termination of your position with Power Morphicon Convention.
“No” means “no.” “Stop” means “stop.” “Go away” means “go away.”
Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated. If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you will be removed from the premises.
The following general rule supersedes all others and may be invoked at any time:
Any action or behavior that causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to other attendees, or adversely affects the convention’s relationship with its guests, its venues or the public is strictly forbidden and may result in permanent suspension of membership. A designated “Safe Space” will be set up for guests who feel unsafe to have quiet time away from the convention, and security will be available on site during Power Morphicon Convention should you need to report an incident. An offender may lose their badge and the matter may be referred to the proper law enforcement authorities. If you are being harassed, immediately contact security or a nearby member of staff.
PROHIBITED ACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
The following, as such violations are determined in Power Morphicon Convention’s sole discretion, are not permitted at the Event or its surrounding areas, including the parking lots, hotels, plazas, and structures:
- Failure to be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of Power Morphicon Convention. Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Assaulting, threatening, behaving inappropriately to another person, discriminating conduct of any nature whatsoever, making racial, religious, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or other slurs, bullying, cyberbullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred towards another.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, such as profanity, obscene language or conduct, exposing nipples or genitals, making recordings in bathrooms, bedrooms, or of nipples, genitals or up skirts.
- Conducting commercial or business transactions without Power Morphicon Convention’s prior written consent, including without limitation, selling food or beverages from unauthorized carts, stands, or ice chests inside or outside Event venues or hotels; solicitation of money, contributions, or donations; distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, such as signs, flyers, cards, or offers of discounts on rides, or other products or services; or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Unlawful conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of Power Morphicon Convention, Event staff, the Event facility, the hotel affiliated with the Event, or law enforcement officers.
- Smoking / Vaping:
- Never Inside: No smoking or vaping is permitted inside any of the Event Facilities, unless there is a place specifically designated by the Event Facility that permits either.
- Limited Outside: Smoking or vaping must be at least 20 feet away from all entrances per California Government Code Sections 7596-7598; no smoking is permitted in outdoor dining areas LAMC 41.50 B 18 b.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing alcoholic beverages
- Possessing any illegal substance. Power Morphicon Convention DOES NOT tolerate illegal substances in or around Events.
- Any action that impedes the flow of traffic, creates a potential or actual hazardous condition, or is deemed to interfere with Power Morphicon Convention. Individuals may be asked to move or discontinue their actions. By way of example, an individual may be asked to relocate or terminate an activity in order to disperse a crowd which impedes traffic flow.
- Any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees or the operation of the Power Morphicon Convention.
- No Soliciting
- Riding Hoverboards / Skateboards / Non-ADA Scooters / Segways: if you have one of these, please check it in at bag check or, if it fits, please keep it inside your bag within the Event Facilities.
- Using Roller Skates / Roller Blades
Costume & Clothing Policy
Please keep in mind that Power Morphicon is a PG-13 or under event and plan your attire accordingly.
Private parts must be covered with no risk of indecent exposure.
Costumes must comply with federal, state, and local laws and customs of public decency.
All costumes worn in the convention center must fit through a standard doorway.
For any costumes with limited visibility or movement Power Morphicon strongly recommends having a “handler” to help with crowd navigation and safety. If you choose to forgo a “handler” please be aware that if Power Morphicon staff deem your lack of handler to constitute a safety risk you will be asked to change.
Real weapons of any kind are NOT permitted at Power Morphicon. This includes, but is not limited to: guns, knives, swords, bows and arrows, spears, whips, mace and tasers. Any prop or weapon which is illegal in the United States or in the state of California is prohibited.
In order to carry a prop at Power Morphicon you must have it peace-bonded at the designated peace-bonding station. All props will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Only props which are part of a cosplay/go with a costume will be allowed
You must be in costume to carry a peace-bonded prop.
Gun-like props must have an orange safety tip at the end of the barrel that is clearly visible from the side.
No projectiles. If you wish to use a nerf or water gun to create your prop it must be completely non-functional. Likewise, any bow type prop must be either completely unstrung or incapable of holding tension.
Props must be able to easily fit through a standard doorway.
Using props in an unsafe or threatening manner may result in your peace-bonding being revoked requiring you to remove the prop from the convention area immediately.
Signs in general are prohibited. Any signs allowed for cosplay purposes must be an integral part of the character you are cosplaying and subject to peace bonding.
Failure to comply with the removal of a prohibited prop will result in the loss of your badge and expulsion from the convention.
Photography and Videography
Photographs and video are allowed in all common areas of the convention unless otherwise specified. Specific rules and restrictions apply at certain events and panels. For more information regarding restrictions please consult the program guide at the convention and pay attention to signs and/or announcements when entering a panel or event area.
Photography or videography of Power Morphicon Convention events, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless written permission has been obtained from Power Morphicon Convention in accordance with its press policy. Individuals may take pictures and videos for private viewing.
Acceptance of a Power Morphicon Convention admission constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by Power Morphicon staff or approved industry or media during the Power Morphicon event without compensation to you. Your acceptance of a membership and attendance at any Power Morphicon event, including the convention, constitutes a grant of rights to Power Morphicon to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use any footage or parts of the footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
These rules apply to all attendees (exhibitors, guests, or any level of regular membership).
Buying, Selling, and Solicitation
Power Morphicon Convention will have a vendor/exhibitor/dealer hall. All sales and anyone who receives payment for goods in the convention space must comply with the convention’s vendor/exhibitor rules regardless of location. All vendors must have a California Seller’s Permit. Other restrictions may apply. Please see our exhibitor registration page if you wish to become a vendor/exhibitor.
Any solicitation, whether verbally or using signage, for monetary payment or exchange of services at the convention that does not comply with these restrictions may result in the offender losing their badge, the requirement to return all payments, and expulsion from the convention area.
Some examples of solicitation or sale that are prohibited are musicians requesting tips, setting up artwork for sale in the halls, and passing out signs or cards to people soliciting their business in areas other than the aforementioned commerce areas. Please also note that certain solicitations are ILLEGAL and will result in membership badge forfeiture, and possible referral to the proper law enforcement authorities.
Any solicitation or selling outside requires a street vendor license from the city and/or county.
Signs offering favors for sale such as kisses, hugs, dates, gropes, spankings, etc. are strictly prohibited and go against Power Morphicon Conventions Code of Conduct and Polities. Attempts to circumvent any of these rules such as throwing money and merchandise on the ground and other such tactics are also prohibited. Use common sense and engage in appropriate and family-friendly behavior.
All signs are prohibited unless approved for specific use by Power Morphicon. Cosplay is not an exception from the prohibition and cosplay signage falls under Power Morphicon Convention’s props/weapons peace bonding policy. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and/or destroyed. Repeat offenses may lead to your being required to forfeit your attendee badge and result in a ban from the convention.
Membership badges and event tickets will NOT be sent via mail.
Members will need to pick up their membership badge(s) from Registration upon arrival at the convention. Photo ID and Membership receipt required for badge pick up. All special event tickets and membership package items will be given to you at the time of your badge pick up. Registration hours will be posted closer to the time of the convention.
Blue and Yellow Ranger memberships will be available for purchase at the convention. All other memberships must be purchased during the online registration period.
Children 12 and under get in free with the purchase of an adult membership.*
Power Morphicon Badges are property of Power Morphicon Convention and are lent to Members for their exclusive use and enjoyment. Memberships (and therefore Badges) are non-transferable. Badges may not be modified, tampered with, or copied in any way. Badges must be worn in plain sight while on premises. Qualified staff members may revoke badges at any time. Membership and access to events will be revoked with a pulled badge.
All Sales Final. No Exchanges or Refunds**
For registration related questions please contact us at email@example.com
*If you have purchased a GOLD RANGER MEMBERSHIP, your child under 12 will be free to the main event. However, the will not have access to all the special events and seating that comes with GOLD RANGER MEMBERSHIP. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE CHILDCARE or SUPERVISION during the event so that you may attend our events.